Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Dog Park

If you have a dog, you know of this place: The Dog Park. Prior to having Jackson, I'd heard of a dog park but was always wary of such things. Who needs a bunch of dogs riling each other up in a little section of park and poop? I mean really.  Well apparently, Jackson does. 

The first time I took Jackson, he was shy and timid, ever the mama's boy. He walked slowly by my side, tail between his legs, scared of anything walking on all fours. He preferred the upright walkers with hands that would pet him, versus jowls that would sniff his butt. And then he learned something. 

I wish I could get this on camera, but my blackberry is nearly on its last leg and can't seem to stay on for an entire text message, let alone shooting a 30-second video. What this video would show you is the aforementioned cute little scared puppy taking all of 4 seconds to turn into Prancing Valentino. His tail went up, his back went straight, his legs went all hoppy and dancy. And then I saw why.

A cute little beagle, about twice the size of Jackson caught his eye. And apparently his humper. I don't know if 4 months in dog years is like 18 in human boy years, but Jackson decided not only to hump that poor beagle, but just about every other dog in sight. And my boy Jackson, he's a hard worker. He went at it from the back, the side, the front...some of you may want to incorporate this style in your own...ahem...well if you don't know what to incorporate it into, then just never mind. 

It used to be that we couldn't get Jackson to jump down from anywhere. But now that he knows the scent of the Doggy Does Dallas Park, he can't wait for us to open the door so he can vamp his way out into the crowd. And let me tell you, he's a free spirit. He has no shame, no rules. Boys, bitches, young, old, whatevs. They're all game in the DDDP. 

Prior to the dog park, here's Jackson's New Year's Triumph: 

Ah, yes. Boys will be boys. Notice how there are human feet in the pics...you know...just standing there...watching. And apparently taking pictures. 

No comments: